I'm appalled at how flimsy our loyalties are. Till even ten seconds before Zizou blasted his so-called "misguided head-missile" towards Materrazzi, there were at least a gazillion people who would have sworn that Zizou is GOD. Seconds later when he walked out dejected,the same people would barely give him the leeway given to a mere mortal...to err is human,they say. Personally i don't think he did anything wrong in executing that headbutt...(yeah,you guessed it right...I'm one of those people who still think,Zizou is GOD).All right,I'll give you this much that had he stayed on the field,the Azzuri might not have sneaked off with the Cup;but don't you think he realized it too...I mean that searing header that Buffon somehow saved showed that he was very much in the game. However one thing we should realize is that there is a last straw for everyone and there is only so much a person can take. It's extremely easy to preach that he should have kept his cool and guided France to a victory but then once we try putting ourselves in his shoes we'll realize that it's not as easy as merely saying "He should have kept his head".
Now Materrazzi has labelled Zizou a "terrorist" and I'm positive that most of you might,after reading this,label me thus too for supporting Zizou's cause. Nevertheless,I still maintain that there are some things worth fighting for and not even a world cup victory would have tasted as sweet as that instant retribution that the God decided to mete out.
Hail Zizou.
2 Comments:
Totally agree with you. Zidane knew what he was doing, he knew je had 10 minutes of international football left. But he still did what he had to do. May be if it was someone else Materazzi also might have left the field - injured. One head butt is never enough to judge the greatness of the man whether it is in the final of the WC or the Calcutta league. Zidane will remain the greatest of the post-Diego generation even if Ronaldinho never head butts anyone, ever.
My sentiments about Maradona,Zidane and Ronaldinho couldn't have been better summed up than by Enigma's last comment...simply brilliant.
Post a Comment
<< Home