Midlife Crisis
I finally got bored of it and switched over to Comfortably Dumb(well,a part of the blame for that goes to Rediff for failing to live up to the competition from Gmail...yes,my Rediff account,no longer my primary email account still bears that name).
All that said and done,I kind of have a feeling that I could use that name now,more than I could have then.I'm working now...it's been a year odd and I can't help but admit that as I move towards being a quarter of a century closer to death,I'm having more of a Midlife Crisis now than I've ever had before.I can't help but have a premonition that this "Crisis" is only a prelude to things a lot more critical that lie ahead.
A few days ago I remember reading something in Suman's signature like..."Don't ever tell anyone you miss them..."or something to that effect...it's kinda hazy now...would love it if Suman would be kind enough to refresh my memory.I'm afraid I just can't help admitting that I miss having some of my friends around...life's just too darned boring.It's kinda like that Reliance phone ad..."Office from morning till noon,noon to full moon...what honeymoon???"...though I might not exactly be loking for a honeymoon at the moment(wouldn't necessarily object to some honey though,pun intended,wink wink) but something to rid me of this monotony would certainly be most welcome(mind you it would still have to involve at least the amount of moolaah I'm raking in now...you know,as they say,be careful what you wish for,and all that jazz).
But then the "Comfortably Dumb" isn't a misfit either...life in the software industry and in general succeeds in dumbfounding me everyday and since I've developed a certain immunity to it I don't necessarily feel very uncomfortable either.
Quite a dilemma huh???An absolute crisis I say...but then it's only just a teensie weensie part of the Midlife Crisis which has left me Comfortably Dumb.

3 Comments:
"Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody."
- thats it...not my original creation though...picked up from "The Catcher in the Rye"..couldn't help but agree with Holden Caulfeld...
Comfortably Dumb...hmmm,I wonder where that came from..
@Comfortably Dumber...
First of all,it's good to hear from someone of the same clan,albeit in the comparative degree...and also shrouded by anonimity...well, twas "inspired" by a Floyd number of a similar name...i've always maintained that creativity is good but plagiarism is faster...
@enigma...
doesn't have to be original dude...like i just told comfortably dumber,plagiarism's faster
Post a Comment
<< Home