Friday, April 06, 2007

Points pondered on...

If you are looking for a cocktail of creative juices to provide you with some blog-o-humour to allay the drudgery of yet another monumentally boring day in your cubicle (or some other place in the exceptional case that you are not an IT professional and still reading a blog), you are looking in the wrong place and ought to direct your search here, here or here. If your linguistic tastes are more proletariat, or if you are a glutton for depressing reads, you are welcome to read on.
Off late, life sucks. Not that I’m trying to assume an air of the existentialist bull-shit which the college goers find really cool to associate with. In that case I would have done without the “Off late” part. A friend in his utmost wisdom has attributed some quite apt expletives to Life personified. At the moment, I seem to agree. Things just haven’t been going according to plan.
“And then one day you find,
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run,
You missed the starting gun”
But what if you already knew when to run and did run your best too. What if the ending line just got dragged farther and farther so that you just couldn’t manage to finish the race?
Well, life’s not fair but then again I can’t help but wonder why for quite some time now, I haven’t found it to be unfair in my favour. (Take for example the fact that Himesh Reshammiya is still alive and continues to torture my auditory senses.)
Maybe I’m looking for rewards that I don’t deserve but then again, I've never heard of anyone who couldn't live with a few undeserved perks.
Maybe what I’m lacking in is patience (a grossly overrated so-called virtue, if you ask me). We are supposed to wait patiently for the fabled light at the end of the seemingly endless tunnel. It’s like advising a starving man to wait for another year by which time appetizers would surely arrive.
Maybe I’m just counting my troubles and not my joys as I ideally ought to. Maybe that would give me all the happiness and satisfaction I need. Then again, maybe the problem with me is that happiness isn’t good enough for me...maybe I’m demanding euphoria.
Maybe the secret to a satisfied life is to lower one’s expectations to the point where they are already met. Alas, I fail to do that and reality continues to deny me ecstasy (couple with it the fact that I do not have among my acquaintances a dealer of Methylenedioxymethamphetamine.) Well, enough said for now and until later “Good night and good luck”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home