I’m not exactly a sucker for horror movies but I have just got to go against the tide and say that “
The Reaping” doesn’t deserve the measly 5.3/10 rating that IMDB has given it. Based on a modern revamp of a 60’s movie, this one deals with supposed ten biblical plagues that are visited upon a small town and how a former missionary is called upon to get to the base of it all. Thankfully this isn’t a horror flick with zombies walking out of crypts- it’s more on the lines of The Omen, if you know what I mean, and is thus immensely more enjoyable. The movie builds up briskly enough and there are quite a few moments to give the average Hollywood horror flick a run for its money. The climax though is a little too blown up for comfort but the anti-climax makes up for it adequately enough. I’ll definitely give this one a more healthy 7.2 and suggest whosoever would heed my suggestion to give it a watch.
Even if you don’t find this one remarkable in any way I can assure you that it won’t at least be so unbearable as to make you want to walk out of the AC into the sweltering heat as say, John Cena’s “Marine” would.
P.S: The Marine is one of those movies that classifies as being so bad that it makes bad movies look like Oscar winning material. Definitely a leaf out of the Chuck Norris pages.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home