Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Why So Serious?

No, this is not a critique on "The Dark Knight". Neither is it a eulogy on Heath Ledger.
Come to think of it, why does it have to be about anything in particular?
The best I can say is that this is about a gnawing feeling about everything and nothing that, if too you get, then you’re sensing an inkling of what I’m going through constantly.
It’s a feeling that comes unannounced and often. It’s a feeling that says I would give anything to trade places with a certain individual I see before me. If you’re thinking that the individual is a certain guy with the hottest girl in his arms then you couldn’t be farther from the truth. It’s the kid in the restaurant who couldn’t be any less interested in eating. It’s the kid who runs amuck in the restaurant thinking the world to be his playground. It’s the kid who rolls on the restaurant carpet and dances on the dining table. It’s the kid who doesn’t realize that he is spending the most blissful moments of his life. It’s the kid who doesn’t have to think twice before screaming out in a busy public place. It’s the kid who can go out and play in the rain without fearing that he might catch a cold. It’s the kid who can get into a fight without the slightest consideration of the consequences (apart from the thought that he might get bested-but he doesn’t care about that anyway). It's the kid who can call people names and not care a rat's arse about decency. It’s the kid who doesn’t always have to maintain a facade of sociability and conviviality. I’d give my life and those of a few others to trade places with that kid and stay that way.
Well, now that that’s out, here’s some news. I completed 3 years as a software-professional. Some of my colleagues think that calls for celebration.
Think I’ll celebrate by ripping off my shirt on a rainy day in the middle of a busy street, punch a bloody nose on someone, kick someone on the balls and invariably get bloody bashed up in turn.
Or maybe I’ll just take to drinking. Cheers mate…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start drinking!!!!!!!!!
Really!!!!!!?????

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home